If you’re a lover of sweet flavors–not spicy–this chili recipe is for you. With the fragrant aroma of cinnamon and the juicy sweetness of Roma tomatoes, your friends and family will be reaching for a second scoop of this sweet chili. This recipe yields six hearty, main-dish servings.
Simple sweet chili
1- 1 lb. package of ground beef
1- 1/2 lb. package of sweet Italian sausage
1- 16oz. can of pinto beans
1- 16oz. can of kidney beans
1- 16oz. can of black beans
2- 16oz. cans of chopped, peeled Roma tomatoes
1 small red onion, chopped
1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
1 bottle of beer
4 cinnamon sticks
1. Brown the ground beef, sweet Italian sausage, and red onion in a skillet.
2. Pour the three cans of beans and two cans of tomatoes (including the juice) into a large soup pot.
3. Add the cinnamon sticks, meat, bell pepper, and beer to the pot. Use a beer with a slightly sweet flavor, such as Tecate or Modelo.
4. Bring the chili to a simmer. Make sure the cinnamon sticks are buried in the chili so the flavor infuses through the meat, beans, and tomatoes.
5. Let the chili simmer for 10 minutes, and then put it on low heat for another 30 minutes. Remove the cinnamon sticks just before serving.
Pair this sweet chili recipe with one of these tasty side dishes:
- Homemade tortilla chips and guacamole dip
- Cheese quesadillas topped with sour cream
- Fresh baked cinnamon rolls and butter
Note: If you have leftovers, use the chili to make chili cheese burritos, top a chili dog, or as a dip for tortilla chips.
Photo source: Stock.exchng