It shouldn’t take an anniversary or Valentine’s Day to let that special someone know how much you care. Be romantic on a whim! Here are 10 ways to be romantic that only take a few minutes of planning and a few dollars to do.
- Write a love note. Tuck it in your sweetheart’s lunch bag, coat pocket, or purse. A simple, handwritten “I love you!” will do. If you’re feeling particularly poetic, write a sentence or two why your loved one makes you smile.
- Go for a walk. Simply getting out of the house and away from your day-to-day routine can be inspiring. Pick a romantic area to explore. A park landscaped with flowers, a lookout spot, or even a walk in the woods alone can rev up your feelings and burn a few calories.
- Bake cookies together. Slip on some cute aprons and get busy. Making a sweet treat that you can later share is romantic.
- Create a mood. Add a few romantic touches to a favorite room. Revamp the bedroom with a dozen new candles and rose petals sprinkled on the bed, or splurge on a fresh-cut bouquet for the dining room table and dinner from a favorite take-out restaurant.
- Give a compliment. Something as simple as saying how cute a new pair of jeans looks, or that your boyfriend’s hairstyle is sexy, paired with a kiss on the neck, can turn up the heat in no time.
- Give a gift. You don’t have to drain the bank account for a gift to be meaningful. Consider picking up gourmet cupcakes to share after dinner. Keep it romantic by pairing the edible gift with hot cocoa or wine.
- Wash each other’s hair. Jump in the shower and lather up. There’s nothing more sensual and romantic than gently massaging each other’s scalps and cuddling under the warm water spray.
- Give foot rubs. After you’ve both bathed and are preparing for bed, give a surprise foot massage. Use peppermint lotion to arouse your senses and soothe the feet.
- Dress sexy. It’s easy to get into a slump of wearing the same old pair of jeans or comfy yoga pants. Instead, slip into that lacy little camisole, high heels, and miniskirt. Your sweetie will take notice.
- Send a steamy text message. Remind your honey why you love him and what he has waiting for him at home. Don’t say too much or send a photo. Let him think about your playful words and create a picture in his mind.
Why wait? Try these 10 ways to be romantic this weekend!
// <![CDATA[var contentId=281474979037202;//