Whats not to love about fresh fruit? With their delicious taste, beautiful colors, and healthy nutrients they are perfect for a fresh mothers day brunch or lunch.
When added to lovely salads, paninis, dressings or even decadent treats, like waffles, they add a sweet touch to great savory dishes . Plus, they add vibrant color, helping making moms dishes pretty.
Whats more, fresh fruit help satisfy a sweet tooth without filling you up with unhealthy ingredients. For more brunch recipes like these, visit www.fruitsfromchile.com .
Spinach salad with fresh grapes, plums, peaches and kiwis
- 4 cups washed baby spinach
- 1/2 cup red grapes
- 1/2 cup green grapes
- 2 plums sliced
- 1 peach sliced
- 2 kiwis sliced for garnish
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds
- 3 kiwis peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 – 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon agave or honey
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
Salmon, fresh chilean blueberries and lemon salad with chive vinaigrette
- 8 cups salad greens, in small pieces
- 1 pound salmon fillet, poached
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- Lemon zest to garnish
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives
Divide salad greens on four salad plates. Tear salmon into medium pieces and arrange on greens. Sprinkle on blueberries. Top with lemon zest. In a jar with a lid, add all vinaigrette ingredients. Shake well. Serve salads chilled with the dressing alongside .
Sweet potato waffles
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk or plain yogurt
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup cooked sweet potato puree (canned or fresh)
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 peaches, sliced
- 2 plums, sliced
- 1 cup grapes, halved
- 1/4 cup pecans
- Maple syrup
Blend the first 7 ingredients well and let rest for 20 minutes. Make waffles in a waffle maker. Top with fruits and toasted pecans. Add maple syrup to taste.
Blueberry, apple, gorgonzola paninis
- 8 Italian bread slices
- 8 ounces Gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 crisp apples, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces thinly sliced ham or smoked turkey
- 1 cup arugula
- 2 tablespoons red pepper jelly, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Layer 4 bread slices evenly with Gorgonzola , blueberries, apples, ham and arugula.
Spread 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper jelly on side of each of the remaining 4 bread slices ; place bread slices, jelly sides down, on top of arugula. Brush sandwiches with olive oil.
Cook sandwiches in batches in a preheated Panini press or grill pan 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown.