Make your tacos trendy and light! Instead of heavier meats , cream, or cheese, try this light take on one of our favorite dinner ideas.
- 1 white onion, sliced thinly
- 1 poblano chile, seeded and cut into thin strips (If you cant find one, use green pepper)
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup cottage cheese or crumbled queso fresco
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced (slice when serving, so its at its freshest and wont turn dark)
- 2 tablespoons oil for frying
- 8 corn tortillas
- Salt to taste
When the vegetables feel soft , add the cottage cheese or the queso fresco , and season the mixture with a little salt. Mix well and set it aside.
I recommend warming the tortillas to soften them before you fill them. Then stuff them with the slice of freshly cut avocado and a little of the mixture.
Add a side of beans to accompany the tacos and enjoy!