Health and fitness may seem pretty cut and dry; eat less, move more and you’re well on your way to a healthy lifestyle. But the human body isn’t so simple, ad there are a lot of considerations when it comes to living life to its fullest.
Check out these strange but true tips you never knew about your health:
- If you’re looking to use the cleanest public bathroom stall, choose the one closest to the door. ABC News reports a study indicated people view this stall as less private, or assume it is the stall that gets used the most and avoid it. In reality, the stall closest to the store usually has the lowest bacteria levels.
- If you’re in need of an emergency bone splint, a rolled up magazine is ideal. Not only will it provide support, it creates a “U” shape to cradle the arm or leg.
- If you have an itch on your arm or leg you can’t get at, try itching the same spot on the opposite limb. Sometimes this tricks the brain into thinking the itch has been scratched.
- You can reduce a fever quickly by placing an ice pack in the groin or under the armpit.
- You are less likely to get fatigued while driving if you’re spine is straight.
- Pouring honey on a cut prior to a band aid can help kill bacteria.
- If you have a small cut that keeps bleeding, put some black pepper in it. Black pepper doesn’t sting, and it has antibacterial and analgesic properties.
- If you have bad seasonal allergies, make sure you eliminate facial hair where pollen can settle.
- Flushing things down the toilet can be a good form of stress relief. Just make sure not to clog your system!
- MSN indicates a study from Australia found singing in a group is the number one way to relieve stress.
- The scent from green apples has been found to relax people with claustrophobia as well as those with migraines.
- 3-4 orgasms a week can reduce a person’s psychological age by six years.
- Caffeine can sometimes help relieve asthma symptoms, especially if a person has lost or forgotten their inhaler.
SEE ALSO: How to manage your asthma