You see her striking a pose at red-carpets and on the covers of magazines, and wonder, how does Lupita Nyong’o manage to always look fabulous and glowing? We wonder the same.
But the gorgeous actress has revealed one of her best-kept beauty secrets, and a must-have in her daily life.
“Avocado oil is a big thing for me,” she admitted in an interview with Harper’s Bazaar.
“I discovered it last year, and at first I was using it just on my body, but then I realized it works on my face, and my hair too, for that matter!”
Nyong’o described this fabulous natural find as a one-stop shop, which comes in handy all-year round.
“Especially in the wintertime, when my skin is drier, it really seeps in and leaves it nice and lush,” the Oscar-winning actress said.
The best part is that it costs nearly nothing to be beautiful like Nyong’o. Avocado is budget-friendly!
“You can get it in the health food store, next to the olive oil and vegetable oil,” she suggested.
Lupita got the avocado memo, did you?
The Benefits of Avocado Oil
- Avocado oil is rich in antioxidants
- Avocado oil is rich in Omega-3
- Avocado oil is rich in vitamins (such as, Vitamins A, E, D, B1, B2, K, PP)
- Works as a natural skin moisturizer
- Reduces dry skin (and is beneficial for such skin conditions as psoriasis and eczema)
- Avocado oil can be used alone instead of under eye cream
- Reduces signs of skin aging
- Avocado oil will keep your skin young, healthy and fresh
3 Simple Avocado Beauty Recipes
Dry Scalp Treatment
- Blend 2-tbsp of avocado oil and 2-tbsp of castor oil
- Warm the mixture
- Use it to massage your head before bed and leave it overnight.
- Wash off the next morning with shampoo
You will need an entire avocado fruit to make a facial mask recipe.
- Crush the fruit until it becomes soft mass (paste)
- Add 1-tbsp of avocado oil to the paste
- Wash your face and apply the mixture over the facial skin
- Leave the mask for 15 minutes to allow it to penetrate into the skin layers
- Do not rinse your face immediately after this treatment
- Use warm towel to clean the residue of the mask
- Soak a towel in a bowl of hot water than place the towel on your face
- Apply pressure to the towel, so it can absorb most of the avocado mask
- Take off the towel then wash your face as needed
Age Spot Remedy
- Mixture of 2-tbsp of avocado oil and 2-tbsp of castor oil
- Massage the mixture into the spot and leave it for approximately 15 minutes
- Avocado oil contains sterolin, which is able to penetrate deeply into the skin to moisture it, reducing age spots and softing the skin.