The gorgeous Zoe Saldana has gone from blue (in Avatar) to green with her new and first-time ever role as a superhero in the upcoming Marvel Comics film, “Guardians of the Galaxy.” She also has a lot on her plate this year. Not to mention Thursday marks her 36th birthday.
The half Dominican and half Puerto Rican actress has embarked a busy year in 2014, with portraying superheroes, portraying Nina Simone in the biopic “Nina,” portraying a calavera in an animated film with Diego Luna and forming part of the TV show “Rosemary’s Baby.”
There’s a lot to celebrate for the Hollywood starlet, and that’s why we admire her talents, wisdom and beauty on her birthday with 13 empowering quotes from the Latina star.
The 13 best Zoe Saldana quotes
1. “Glamour is about feeling good in your own skin.”
2. “People think of Latina women as being fiery and fierce, which is usually true. But I think the quality that so many Latinas possess is strength. I’m very proud to have Latin blood.”
3. “To be seen and to be respected for my work and acknowledged as a true American Latina… means a lot to me.”
4. “I’m Latin – we start young, honey!”
5. “I love aging. Why would I want to be 21 for the rest of my life?”
6. “I’m more of a guy’s girl. I like having a beer in a bar, and I don’t bicker or sit down and do my nails.”
7. “I want to be in the small percentage of women who don’t settle for conventional roles.”
8. “I just want to be part of great stories that are told and for them to be relevant.”
9. “I’m a sci-fi girl. If I can have anything in life, I’d want tons of great science-fiction movies and stories. It’s so progressive, beautiful, and imaginative.”
10. “The biggest battle that I have is being a woman in the world. That takes center stage for me.”
11. “I had to quit ballet because it felt like a part of me was dying inside.”
12. “I’m learning the power of going away for the weekend and keeping myself company.”
13. “I want to be the best daughter, sister, friend and wife I can possibly be – because when I die, I am not going to be buried with my Oscar.”
She’s quite awesome! Happy birthday Zoe Saldana, have a good one!
SEE ALSO: 9 Lovable things about Paulina Rubio