One of the leading national health policy conferences in the country, the 2013 Colorado Health Symposium offers the unique chance to interact with many of the leading experts in health and health care.
Health and health care are undergoing a profound and unprecedented transformation, driven by public policy changes, consumer demand, market forces and economic realities. With the theme, Health Forward: Harnessing the Energy of Change, this year’s Symposium will inspire Colorado health leaders by showing where innovations are already taking hold and setting a course to move forward.
Now entering its 32nd year, the lineup for the 2013 Symposium shows why the event is regarded as one of the most widely discussed health policy conferences in the country. A few of this years notable speakers include:
- Rebecca Costa:
Sociobiologist and author of The Watchman’s Rattle, which explains how individuals can solve complex problems through a spontaneous, intuitive flash of insight a skill that can be harnessed to solve seemingly intractable problems.
- Daniel Friedland, MD: Founder & CEO, SuperSmartHealth, whose book, Evidence-Based Medicine: A Framework for Clinical Practice, is considered one of the first textbooks on this widely used process for making medical decisions.
- John W. Kenagy, MD, MPA, ScD, FACS:
Director, Kenagy & Associates, LLC, and author of Designed to Adapt: Leading Healthcare in Challenging Times, a guidebook to highly adaptive health care.
- Martin Kohn, MS, MD, FACEP, FACPE: Chief Medical Scientist, Care Delivery Systems, IBM Research, his work includes healthcare population analytics and the role of expert systems in the clinical decision process.
- Bechara Choucair, MD: Commissioner, Chicago Department of Public Health, who recently unveiled “Healthy Chicago,” the first citywide comprehensive public health agenda.
Along with the aforementioned speakers, the Symposium will feature an impressive roster of national thought leaders, discovery sessions and events that will engage, entertain and provoke discussion. The in-person conference offers live-streaming opportunities so people can watch online from the convenience of their computer.
This years Symposium is focused on the changes, challenges and opportunities in health and health care that will shape our future, said Anne Warhover, president and CEO of the Colorado Health Foundation. This years event will give participants, both at the conference and those attending virtually, a chance to explore these possibilities from many different perspectives.
To extend the conversation, the Foundation offers a variety of social media channels so anyone can engage in the 2013 Colorado Health Symposium:
- Plenary and keynote sessions will be broadcast live on Ustream.tv. Register now to attend online at no cost.
- Check out Instagram to see the Symposium from our attendees perspectives.
- Facebook fans and Twitter followers (#13CHS) can track real-time commentary on social media.
- Gain perspective from the Foundations president and CEO @AnneWarhover.
The Colorado Health Foundation works to make Colorado the healthiest state in the nation by increasing the number of Coloradans with health insurance, ensuring they have access to quality, coordinated care and encouraging healthy living. The Foundation invests in the community through grants and initiatives to health-related nonprofits that focus on these goals, as well as operating medical education programs to increase the health care workforce.